How to approach Transformation to cloud
Across the various industries, there is a lot of speculation about adopting cloud storage. It is evident that cloud computing is growing in terms of implementation and usability. One might wonder the sudden increase and need of the same and what are the factors influencing this, Hence we are happy to share some basic facts or influencers that are helping loud adoption is growing rapidly due to:
1. Availability and Agility – easy to use and extremely user-friendly
2. Maximum Storage Space –Provide users an ample amount of storage to work with.
3. Scalability – depending on the user requirement the application can be modified and adapted to suit the business needs.
4. Pay per Service – since the cost is decided on the usage there is no fixed commitment involved in the same. Thus, making it a cost-effective solution for all.
5. Less maintenance – Owing to the advanced technologies adaptions and the continuous innovations happening in the sector the amount of maintenance required is less.
6. Access from Anywhere – The main advantage of cloud computing is the fact that information stored on the cloud can be accessed from anywhere, making it ideal for users.
7. Staffing Efficiency
Cloud computing is the main fuel for digital disruption and also is the main enabler for digital transformation. 1. Application Transformation 2. Infrastructure Transformation 3. Security Transformation Cloud Strategy – Migrate, Partially Transform, Transform, Microservices?
1. Migrate to Cloud (Lift & Shift)- Take internal apps that are already web-enabled and host them in the cloud. With the help of automation, some of these challenges can certainly alleviate, but it becomes very difficult to achieve operational efficiencies beyond a certain point as the customer base grows. To take full benefits of the cloud, Applications need to be fully Cloud-native.
2. Partial Transformation- Move elements of an application stack, usually the front-end, to the cloud. Leave legacy data-processing and storage in the corporate data center (for now). It is an ideal approach for the Hybrid Cloud scenario.
3. Transformation/Rearchitecting/Refactoring- Although re-architect face challenges like the steeper learning curve and greater initial investment it will reap significant benefits in the long run. Companies that commit to the cloud may also need to undergo cultural and organizational changes to truly become agile and adopt DevOps.
4. Microservices- The business logic is now developed as a set of microservices, powered by small, independent teams, with containerized deployment – ensuring rapid delivery of new capabilities using tools like Docker, Kubernetes So finding out the required approach for cloud transformation below steps can be followed- Cloud Assessment – Cost, Architecture, Security. Proof of Concept- Build Pilot Data Migration/Modernization- Leverage storage Options, Migrate Cloud Development Leverage Cloud- Scale, Automate, Test Optimization- Monitor, Redesign CI/CD.– Anil Kumar Sahu